Thursday 5 December 2013

An Introduction


I am a musician. My name is Harry Perry and I perform under the pseudonym rryrry. I have been through the British education system, gaining two degrees in the process, and passed through the post-graduate stagnation. I don't fully know what I'm doing with life but I realise that none of us do. If you believe anything otherwise then you're living it wrong. I work in retail and have aspirations to be something, preferably musical, preferably paid. I have two siblings, an older and a younger. I have a superlative Swedish girlfriend who helped open my mind to Scandinavian culture. I live in London.
 



That's enough about me to keep you going for now. So, why am I here?

Almost three years ago I started a blog entitled 'A Big Ocean of Possibilities' that I used sporadically until a few months ago. It was a place to vent my frustrations (as I was very much in a life mire) and pedestal my successes. You can still find it here, I recommend reading the dreams, I dream a lot. But I kept forgetting about it. It was sad, all those posts about how I was going to turn over a new leaf and maintain the momentum before disappearing 3 months later. In the end I just gave up, posting a dream here and there but nothing of substance. I want to change this. I want a new start.

I don't plan on having a particular focus with what I will post here but the grand idea is that I will document my path towards discovering and reaching my goals. So you'll still get the dreams (but hopefully with slightly higher production values); you'll still get the formless but passionate opinion; you'll still get the drawings and triangles and musings as before. But it'll be better. It'll be new.

My name is Harry.

Pleased to have met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment